Broken Camera Lens Motor?

I'm writing this post about my Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED lens.

I woke up one day wanting to take a picture of my room, but the camera didn't want to auto-focus, it would just focus back and forth and back and forth.

Now I tried taking the lens out and reattaching again, didn't work.
I tried cleaning the contacts, didn't work.
I tried removing the filter, didn't work.

One thing that I haven't tried is using a different lens.

It does focus an object when the zoom is set to 18mm but it would sometimes come out blurry.

Even in 135mm, on a sunny day, it would have a hard time trying to focus an object and if it does, the image isn't entirely in focus. (Check video and image link)

I suggest watching the video with earphones to hear the motor trying to auto-focus.


Click on the image to see the picture taken from the video.

Comments