Phone Bill

While living in the Philippines, my sister told me when you receive a call on your cellphone, you don't pay for it. The person calling you pays for it. I mean why would you pay for a call you don't want? It also applies with landlines, not just domestic calls, but also international calls. Just as long as you're receiving a call, you don't pay for it.

When I used to have a cellphone here on Guam (over six years ago) I'd lose my prepaid credits from making calls and receiving calls. It sucks, when you call to check your balance and you hear you have negative balance and they'll charge it on the next time you reload your credits.

Why do we pay the phone bill both ways?

Comments

  1. That must really suck - I would just send e-mails or use skype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks! But to be honest ive never heard of something like that before. In Germany, where i live, is it just normal that you only pay when you are want to call someone, not when someone calls you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment