Upgraded the Router


Yesterday, I upgraded our router's firmware with the DD-WRT firmware.

The reason why I upgraded it with the DD-WRT firmware was because I couldn't sign into Spiral Knights, and many people on the forum with the Linksys WRT54G router couldn't sign in too. Plus, these routers are no longer supported by Linksys/Cisco.

From my understanding, DD-WRT enables some features to your router which it normally didn't have. I think it enables commercial-grade Cisco features (I think).

Comments

  1. That was a really common router, and is the very router I still use. I don't need to upgrade because it is more than fast enough and has plenty of range. The newer routers are generally overkill for most people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have same router and it works perfectly.
    US VPN

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment