Cateye Velo 8

I bought a speedometer for my bike a couple of weeks ago.

I bought a Cateye Velo 8 for P1000 (about USD 23) at GEA Marketing located in Mabini Street, Iloilo City.

I was asked what tire size I had on my bike, to which I replied, "I don't know."

Now, I thought I just have to attach this on my bike and I'll be set, much like a car; I was wrong. In order for it to have an accurate reading of your speed, you have to input the circumference of your tire.

Luckily, my tires have markings on them showing me the numbers I needed to know. Also, the manual it's really thorough on the installation and the using of the speedometer.

Did some research on the internet and watched some YouTube videos for help.





The wire is wrapped around the brake line and zip tied

The sensor

The magnet. Kinda scraped off some of the paint there

The magnet and the sensor must be at most 5mm from each other

Comments