Aki Matsuri Guam 2012

Last week was the Japan Autumn Festival. As far as I could remember, it's always held in the month of November at Ypao Beach.

Going there, you'll see people dressed in yukatas and happis. There'd be kiosks for food, drinks, games, and souvenirs. You'd have to exchange money for tickets, and each item costs depending on how many tickets they sell it for.

There'd be a stage there too with performers performing Japanese cultural dances.

I think at the end of the festival is when they'd play the Tanko Bushi song and invite everyone to come and dance.


Here's an example of how the dance and song goes.


I went with my dad, we didn't stay that long. We ate some food and left. I took some pictures, but not a lot.
















This is a cultural dance about catching eels.
These are students from the local high school dancing with narukos

After that, my dad and I left for home.

Here's an example of what a naruko is.

Comments