Remove "Globe and TM Account" from Facebook UPDATED

UPDATE MARCH 11,2014 10:06PM (+10:00 GMT)
The other day I went to "Settings", then to "Mobile", and removed my Globe number. About two days later, I noticed that I stopped receiving Globe ads from my Newsfeed and the "Globe and TM Account" is gone from the side bar. I hope this helps others too.


UPDATE JANUARY 18,2014 2:41PM (+10:00 GMT)
I woke up this morning, checked my Facebook, it turns out it's back again.







Have you ever noticed the "Globe and TM Account", or the Globe advertisements on your Newsfeed?

I did and it was kind of annoying. I think the only way these pop up is if you've Globe's data services, especially since Facebook is free on Globe.

I'm currently not in the Philippines anymore and it annoyed me that I still have the "Globe and TM Account" option showing up when I access the sidebar. Choosing it leads me to an error page. Also the ads wouldn't go away.

I think I may have found a solution to remove it. I'm not 100% sure if this is the solution, but the 2 persons I told about this don't see it anymore.


What I did was go to "Account Settings", then "Security", then to "Trusted Browsers" or "Recognized Devices". And then you "Remove" everything that is listed there. Then after about 24 hours, the "Globe and TM Account" option will be gone, and you won't be getting Globe advertisements anymore.

Again, I'm not 100% sure if this is the solution, but that's what I did.

Comments

  1. I tried doing that and it was gone for 10 mins and it went back. So irritating. Even if im just using wifi and my sun sim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried doing that and it was gone for 10 mins and it went back. So irritating. Even if im just using wifi and my sun sim.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment