Aki Matsuri Guam 2014


These pictures were taken during the Japanese Festival here on Guam in November 2014.

I don't have any pictures of the festival in 2013, because I was living in the Philippines at the time.

I wanted to upload these sooner but I kept putting it off. I had a lot of pictures and most of them were multiples of the same thing and most weren't that interesting or weren't composed well enough. There were a lot of photos to choose from.










Those sticks this guy is holding would shoot out when he'd flick them and he did some neat tricks with them.











Kids carrying the shrine thing.

That is a big flag.

A chef was cutting up tuna to make into sashimi. My camera auto-focused on this guy's phone.















Catching goldfish with paper nets.




It rained heavily in the middle of the festival. This was during the Tanko Bushi dance.

Shishimai. I think I heard the announcer say that it's good luck if it comes up to you and gives you a bite.


Comments