My First Mechanical Keyboard


 I got myself my first mechanical keyboard. It's a Pictek TKL.

I kept getting ads for mechanical keyboards from Aliexpress and the prices were reasonable and shipping was free. But those shipping prices were for USA and unfortunately Guam isn't included. Guam was a separate country and shipping here was by DHL and it costs way too much. Almost 3 times the price of the item.

So I went to Amazon and checked for cheap mechanical keyboards, great for beginners. This is what I came down to, the Pictek TKL or the Redragon K552. I also checked local sellers on Facebook and I was lucky to find one selling the Pictek TKL for $30, which is about the same price as Amazon.

It's not RGB. I think it's LED. From the left to right, the colors are red, yellow, green, blue, and purple. It uses blue switches and from what I can see they're Jixian switches. I don't know if these switches are hot swappable though. Also they're kinda loud once you get in a the rhythm of typing. 




Comments